Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Saying goodbye to the Year...and the clutter!


Well I don't know about you, but I am kind of glad that this year is almost over :D

Time for sun, holidays, and freedom from reports!!

But most-of-all time to just be mommy...no more teacher role...just mommy.

I'll-be-it, we still teach and there is many teaching moments throughout the day even. But, just time to laugh, cuddles and no reminding them to do their homework. Ahhhh! Lemonade stands here we come!!

If you are the mom who schools throughout the year...I am very proud of you! You are a one-of-a-kind trooper. For me though, I am longing this break. It has been a bumpy year. Better than last year though. So, I need a bit of a break and I think the kids do too.

In light of all that, I have been doing a major over-haul on the curriculum and clutter of non-used books or outdated curriculum that we no longer will need for the next year. It was hard at first because you are always thinking, "Oh, well I may need this for next year (even though you have actually kept it for two years now and still haven't used it) or, the kids might get around to completing that, etc." This time I was like, "NO! it is going!" It felt sooo good. It was like Spring Cleaning for the school room!

When do you do your Homeschool Spring Cleaning?

Is it as hard for you as it is me?

What kinds of things are you still holding onto that you know has got to go??

I would love to hear about it! Until then...

Happy Learning!









No comments:

Post a Comment